TRYING TO 'FIT IN'

 
 
 
 
She trying hard wanted to ' fit in'. But as she looked into the mirror, she realised that no, this isn't who she is. Despite how much she wanted to 'fit in', she just couldn't.

Peer pressure and the need to 'fit in' is a huge challenge for all of us. Everybody is desperate to look good, to outdo others. Must have branded hand bags, the latest phone, pretty clothes, branded make up blah blah. Semua nak ikot trend. Walaupun  pocket tengah kering. But you know what's precious? The ' I don't give a crap about what people think' attitude. Try it! It'll make you feel a lot better. I remember when I went to class. I'm wearing my jubah ( always my feveret to wear jubah). Then, someone that I know ( she dress up like 'hipster girl') say hai to me. "Hey...kampung girl! Nak pegi kelas ke?". And I still remember she looked at me up and down my attire. And you know what? I don't care. I don't care whose name on my hand bag. I bought my handbag with only RM30. Show me your branded clothes, branded handbags, hipster looks or make up yang setebal 6 inci blah blah, and I don't care. Those have no value to me. What I value is experience, learning new things, travel and see places, meet new friends. And my spiritual journey towards God. That's what I care about. And the only thing that matters.

No comments